Saturday, February 13, 2010

i know I'm forty part 2: the problem with metabolism

... is that it just doesn't work out the way you want it at any age - when I was younger, I literally ate everything, thinking that I would beef up somehow. The only line i knew from high school to college was, where's the beef? I was lean as hell. Enter 30, after my physical confrontation with a 10-wheeler coke truck, I think that truck literally stopped my metabolism on its tracks. I started ballooning like crazy!!!! My diet didn't change at all, so there you go. One extra burger means extra pounds somewhere. I secretly thought at one point that shaving all my extra body hair would shave off a few pounds. Talk about stupid desperation.

Enter 40, and now the big bulk is happily joined by Mr. Hypertension and Mr. Diabetes! My only consolation now is that there is a minority group of people around the world who thinks big bulky men are sexy. Why, thank you! I know!!!!

IN the past two weeks, I've waged a mini-battle with the weighing scale. I never thought I would come to a place in my life where weighing can be very ceremoniously anticipated, to see that nothing has changed. Well, at least, i have stopped putting on weight since December. But the pain, oh the pain of knowing that metabolism will never be my ally...now it even counts chocnut as a potential cargo super loader. Not. funny. Enough of the whining, though. I guess 40 is a reminder that if it is the new 20, then I should work out the same way when I was 20. Now that is a real battle!

bigboy promises to get back to you soon with new news! nunus!

No comments:

Post a Comment