Saturday, September 3, 2011

won ton: my new food discovery format and the promise of regular posting

I am back, and while no one really gave me a big push to go back, I realized that no one would and that if I plan to keep a blog, I might as well post, so that people who stumbled into this will have something fresh to read.

Now that I am back, I will be posting more food encounters with a more "rigid" rating - what's the food? how was it? would i invite you if it were my party? how cheap is it?  1 to 5 stars for taste and price. These will be the sections for each of my food blog. For other posts, it's still free for all, LOL.

here's the first one then...
Won Ton restaurant is in Greenhills, the shopping mecca of pirates and their supporters. I know because I am one of them every now and then, LOL! Now aside from fake bags, watches and shoes, and the fantastic furnitures, the chinese delis, the pearls from our Muslim brothers and sisters, the cell phones and gadgets and all the pirated apps for your ipad, Greenhills also has its share of really good food.

One of the new discoveries here is Won Ton. It has two branches - one in Promenade, and another inside the shopping center.

What's the food? Chinese made fast and done pinoy-style. The place is clean, simple, with very fast service and good enough waiters. They will approach when called, they will give you your food in due time and they won't bother you until you call them again.

How was it? Really good, food with no bullshit. They don't try to be extravagant or pretentious. It's plain and simple good food that makes you warm and satisfied. Comfort food!

Star/s of the menu: signature dishes are 1. fried chicken wings with vinegar dip 2. fried pork chop with tofu salt and pepper style. Fried but no oily aftertaste. The Chicken's vinegar dip is superb. 












Would I invite you if it were my party? Definitely! It has other stars on the menu, like their version of the Korean dish, Japchae, their selection of fried rice, their selection of tofu dishes and their beef with broccoli.  They also have noodle soups, with their clear soup that is very meaty in flavor and yet so clean to the taste - no heady feel, no oily residue, just flavorful soup base, with above average ingredients.

How cheap is it? Cheap enough for me to treat you. Prices are reasonable and servings are often good for two (I count myself as two... no, really, I always eat for two).

So if you're in Greenhills, and you've had your fill of shopping, or wandering around, or you just happened to land somewhere near, this place is worth the search. I give this place 5 stars for deliciousness and 5 stars of affordability.

bigboy promises to get back to you soon with new news! nunus!

No comments:

Post a Comment