Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shabu-shabu and the not so fit MINI moniker

I used to just pass by all these shabu shabu for the past years thinking that it really isn't my cup of tea. And for good reason - what decent restaurant will charge you for ingredients that you would cook yourself. I usually don't go out for a meal so that I can cook it. If I wanted that, I would probably just stay home. But a good friend and colleague introduced me to it a couple of years ago. It didn't quite catch on to me, but in the past year, I am starting to get the hang of it for two reasons: they really offer a healthy fare, and I always relish the excitement of eating what you cook up, bad or good. It seems to excite me always.

I actually have two favorite shabu shabu places - healthy shabu-shabu in alabang town center and mini shabu-shabu at bonifacio high street. I always volunteer these places when people start asking where we should eat out.

Now let's start with mini shabu-shabu. This place isn't really mini. Their serving plates are humongous and an order of ingredients is always too much for one person. I don't know where the "Mini" name came from - it just probably stuck when they were starting and they didn't bother to change it. I don't know! ask someone else! If you are ever at Boni High Street wondering where you should go for lunch, this is a good place to park and lounge the afternoon away. They won't push you out even after you're done!

Anyway, here are some pictures from the place care of the visit with my sister and cousin.


the place is quite nice and clean

our initial orders

and then another order

by this time we have over ordered. nobody cares.

yes we've over ordered

my sister even had to order a rice dish

my creation - simply heaven

The prices are reasonable, the food is fresh and really delicious, the place is clean, quiet and not too crowded, even on a weekend. Worth going back to, I would say. On my next post, the Healthy Shabu-shabu at alabang town center.

bigboy promises to get back to you soon with new news! nunus!

No comments:

Post a Comment